Interested in the upcoming election or becoming a Councillor? Please use the links below:
Applications for nomination close - 8 August 2012 (at 12 Noon)
Note: Information sheet and deposit to be lodged before close of nominations. At the close of nominations the returning officer nominates the candidates and the order of the candidates on the ballot paper is determined by the drawing of lots.
5. Becoming a Councillor (1.5Mb)
6. Getting Women Elected (4.1Mb)
7. Roll of Electors - reminder advertisement (note: closes 6pm, 30 July 2012)
8. Postal Vote Application - download the form here (note: closes 5pm, 3 September 2012)
9. Information for Candidates (0.05Mb)
For more information, please contact the Returning Officer - Ian Horwood on 0413 149 361.
What is the role of a Councillor?
Councillors are elected by their local community to represent community views on council, provide leadership and make sure local needs are met. They do this by directing councils affairs, allocating resources for the benefit of the local area, developing policies and reviewing the councils performance in relation to delivering services and other matters.
A councillor's role is important. The decisions a councillor makes and the services provided by councils can impact on our lives, our local community and our local environment.
Being a councillor can be rewarding because it provides an opportunity to:
- make decisions that help people within the local community
- influence the long-term, strategic direction of a local community
- learn new skills such as public speaking and advocacy
- work with a diverse range of people on a wide range of issues.
Being a councillor can also be challenging as councils need to:
- balance community needs and priorities, some of which are at odds with each other
- work within a limited budget and a complex set of laws.
Further Information:Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 11:23
Tel: (02) 6740 2100
Fax: (02) 6740 2119
After Hours: (02) 6740 2100
Please see this link for more information on
Christmas/New Year Waste & Recycling Collection Services.