4 September 2018
The Australian Government Mobile Service Centre "Golden Wattle" is visiting the Gunnedah Shire.
When: Friday, 14 September, 9.00am to 12.30pm
Where: Near Mullaley Park, Nombi Street, Mullaley.
The Australian Government Mobile Service Centre’s are travelling to rural and regional communities to provide community members with information and access to government services. They are currently visiting drought-affected communities delivering a range of human services including assistance through the expanded Farm Household Allowance measure.
There are a number of services they can provide and assist you with.
- new claims for most Centrelink payments
- updating your information in their records
- confirming documents and supporting information, such as certifying copies of birth certificates
- how financial matters may impact your payments
- payment and service options to suit your needs
- child support payment and service options
- rural payment entitlements for eligible farmers
- Medicare transactions
- Medicare registrations
- social work support and referrals
- access to Self Service Terminals
- help with using online accounts and Express Plus mobile apps
- free hearing health checks for people 16 and over
They give information, assistance and support to rural and regional residents, including:
- older Australians
- job seekers
- people with disability
- self-employed people
The Australian Government Mobile Service Centre’s can help with emergency on the ground support for Australian Government disaster recovery efforts.
You do not need to book, just show up on the day and bring any paperwork you think is appropriate.