1 November 2018
Do you know someone who has made contributions to the community, inspires others or is a positive role model?
Gunnedah Shire Council is calling for nominations for the 2019 Australia Day Awards, with winners to be announced at the Annual Australia Day Dinner on Friday, 25 January 2019 at the Gunnedah Town Hall.
Gunnedah Shire Council Deputy Mayor and Australia Day Working Group Chair Rob Hooke said Gunnedah Shire is a community proud to celebrate the achievements and contributions of the individuals that “make up the fabric of the community”.
“The Australia Day Working Group is seeking nominations for people and groups who exhibit wonderful community spirit and make notable contributions to the Gunnedah Shire and its people,” Cr Hooke said.
“We all know someone who has made outstanding contributions and achievements in their particular areas, and we encourage you to give those who are deserving of recognition for their involvement by nominating them.”
- Citizen of the Year Award - 21-40 years
- Citizen of the Year Award - 40+ years
- Junior Citizen of the Year –13 years and under
- Young Citizen of the Year Award - 21 years and under
- Ossie and Beryl Campbell Memorial Volunteer of the Year Award
- Eve Turner Perpetual Trophy
- Cultural Award
- Community Organisation Achievement Award
- Community Event Achievement Award
- Max and Mikie Maas Good Neighbour Award
- Male and Female Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Male and Female Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Sports Team of the Year Award
- Sports Team of the Year Award
- Ivan Towns Memorial Award – Coach of the Year
Nominate one of Gunnedah Shire’s treasures today.
2019 AUstralia Day Nomination Forms are available to donwload onlione or from Council’s Administration Building, 63 Elgin Street; Gunnedah Visitor Information Centre, 81 Chandos Street; Gunnedah Shire Library, Conadilly Street.
Completed nomination forms with supporting documentation should be returned to Gunnedah Shire Council, firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 63, Gunnedah 2380, before 5.00pm, Monday, 7 January 2019.
For more information please contact Gunnedah Shire Council’s Arts and Cultural Officer Lauren Mackley on (02) 6740 2100.
Photo Caption: Gunnedah’s Citizen of the Year 2018 Delores Worthington and Gunnedah Shire Mayor Jamie Chaffey at the Australia Day Awards Ceremony on 26 January 2018.
Media Contact: Brooke Maisey 6740 2100.