19 December, 2019
And the winner is…
Kamilaroi Road residents have again wowed the Gunnedah Shire Christmas Lights Competitions judges to take out the coveted “Santa Street” award.
Kamilaroi Road was among the winners announced yesterday at Gunnedah Shire Council following a tour by the judges the night before.
Acting Mayor Rob Hooke told the gathering it had been a hard decision, but the lights display would rival that of any town.
The winners of the 2019 Gunnedah Christmas Lights competition were…
• Best decorated house: 18 Linden Place - Jordan Brown
• Best Nativity Scene: 17 Kamilaroi Road - Belinda Whitby
• Best Christmas Theme in a Village: 67 Pullaming St, Curlewis - Grahame and Chris Foote
• Santa St: Kamilaroi Rd
• Judges Choice Award: 23 McAndrew St - Wendy Hatch
• Best Dressed Shopfront Window: Mari-Ann Florist
Some of the winners were on hand to receive their prizes, which varied from $50 to $200 Gunny Money gift cards.
Photo caption: Some of the Gunnedah Christmas Lights Competition winners accept their awards at Gunnedah Shire Council this week.
Media contact: Eliza Gallen (02) 6740 2100.