Gunnedah Shire Council is seeking nominations for the 2018 Australia Day Awards.
The Awards recognise citizens that shape the Gunnedah Shire, inspire others and are role models to the community.
Nominations are now open, with winners to be announced at the Annual Australia Day Dinner on Thursday, 25 January 2018 at the Gunnedah Town Hall.
- Young Citizen of the Year Award (21 years and under)
- Citizen of the Year Award (21-40 years)
- Citizen of the Year Award (40+ years)
- Ossie and Beryl Campbell Memorial Volunteer of the Year Award
- Eve Turner Perpetual Trophy
- Cultural Award
- Community Achievement Award
- Max and Mikie Maas Good Neighbour Award
- Male Sportsperson of the Year
- Female Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Male Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Female Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Sports Team of the Year Award
- Sports Team of the Year Award
- Ivan Towns Memorial Award – Coach of the Year
“The Australia Day Committee is seeking nominations for people and groups who exhibit good citizenship and community qualities, or who have made outstanding contributions and achievements in their particular areas,” Australia Day Committee Chair Ann Luke said.
“We all know many people who are deserving of recognition for their various contributions – let us recognise these people.”
Nomination forms are available from Gunnedah Shire Council’s Administration Building, 63 Elgin Street; The Visitors Information Centre, 81 Chandos Street; Gunnedah Shire Library, Conadilly Street; or can be downloaded below and must be submitted by 5pm on Thursday, 30 November. No entries will be accepted after this date.
Download the Australia Day Awards 2018 Nomination Form here.
Council is also requesting for the community to email through photos of activities, events, people and successes in Gunnedah from throughout 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in a slideshow at the Australia Day Dinner.
For more information please contact Gunnedah Shire Council’s Arts and Cultural Officer Lauren Mackley on (02) 6740 2100.
Media Contact: Ashley Gardner 6740 2100.