10 January 2018
Gunnedah Shire Council is pleased to support eight local businesses and organisations after Round One allocations of the Business Partner Program were endorsed at the December Ordinary Council Meeting.
More than $36,000 was allocated under the 2017/18 Business Partner Program across eight local businesses and organisations. Applications were considered by a panel and the following were awarded funding:
- Gunnedah Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc allocated $5000 for Gunnedah Skills Group Opportunities Audit
- Li’l Achievers awarded $13624 to aid in extension costs
- Marval Designs to receive $5000 for a business update
- Tydd Motorcycles successful with $2500 to go towards a business expansion
- Kinfolk Student Cafes to receive $3000 for its project “Building a Field of Dreams: Growing positive childhood attitudes to food one Green Star Lunchbox at a time”
- Gunnedah Serviced Apartments were allocated $3000 towards the costs of business exposure and office efficiency
- Riley’s Furniture and Carpets, $3000 towards website construction and rebranding
- Gunnedah Diesel Service allocated $1000 for a business frontage upgrade and to provide level off-street parking for people with disabilities
The groups were allocated their funding at a ceremony on Wednesday afternoon.
Manager Economic Development Charlotte Hoddle said the Program is designed to actively seek new business opportunities and assist in the expansion of existing businesses in the Shire by providing support, advice and marketing, as well as the provision of incentives.
“The Business Partner Program is a key element of Gunnedah and District Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc and Gunnedah Shire Council to attract new business, or to expand existing businesses in the Gunnedah Shire by providing an assistance package as an incentive,” Ms Hoddle said.
“Support offered by this Program supplements the Gunnedah Economic Development Strategy by encouraging increased productivity, sustainability, growth and employment; and targeting new businesses and economic activity.”
Round Two of the Business Partner Program is now open and applications close on 28 February 2018.
“All projects are considered, big or small. I would encourage any local businesses or start-up businesses to apply, this is a great opportunity to maximise your growth,” Ms Hoddle said.
Media Contact: Ashley Gardner 6740 2100.