The nation celebrated the achievements of its people across many communities on Australia Day. Gunnedah Shire hosted its own Annual Awards Dinner recognising the achievements and services of many community members and groups. Gunnedah’s Australia Day Ambassador Frank Coletta and The Hon. Sarah Mitchell MLC were special guests at the ceremony.
- Eve Turner Perpetual Award: Christine Hodges
- Cultural Award: Emma Costello and Dalton Dorrington
- Community Achievement Award: GoCo Support Volunteers...
- Ossie and Beryl Campbell Memorial Volunteer of the Year Award: Elle 'n' Pete
- Max and Mikie Maas Good Neighbour Award: Ron Rickard
- Ivan Towns Memorial Award: Maryanne Perkins
- Junior Male Sportsperson of the Year: Adam McGuirk
- Junior Female Sportsperson of the Year: Taryn Maher
- Junior Sports Team of the Year Award: GHS Open Boys Cricket Team
- Sports Team of the Year Award: Gunnedah Football Club
- Young Citizen of the Year Award (21 years and under): Tyson Hubbard
- Citizen of the Year Award (21-40 years): Lenelle Ritter
- Citizen of the Year Award (40+) Evelyn Wise Award: Delores Worthington
It is an honour to be nominated for these prestigious awards and Gunnedah Shire Council congratulates all award winners and nominees.