Wednesday, 5 March 2014
The Deputy Premier, the Hon. Andrew Stoner and the Minister for Resources and Energy, the Hon. Anthony Roberts addressed the recent quarterly meeting of the Association of Mining Related Councils (AMRC) in Sydney. Key issues covered in the meeting were Resources for Regions, Coal Seam Gas (CSG) and Voluntary Planning Agreements (VPAs).
“We appreciated that Mr Stoner and Mr Roberts took time out of parliament to attend our meeting. With 23 member councils, the AMRC is the peak representative body for mining affected councils in NSW and it is appropriate that we have an open dialogue with relevant Ministers,” stated Gunnedah Mayor Owen Hasler.Read more...
Due to minimal rainfall in the last quarter, many residents have used in excess of 400 Kilolitres of water since the start of the financial year, putting them into the second tier charge of $1.50 a Kilolitre
Residents will start receiving their water usage accounts from this week. Although many residents will be expecting a higher than usual water usage account, from trying to maintain their lawn and garden this summer, they may be surprised on the actual amount of their account.Read more...
Thursday, 20 February 2014
At last night's Council's meeting, highlights included a discussion on crime in Gunnedah and a report brought forward on industrial land sewer servicing.
The Mayor, Councillor Hasler brought forward a Mayoral Minute on the issue of anti-social behavior and criminal activity in Gunnedah urging all within the community to assist in fighting the scourge of crime. Councilor Hasler asked specifically that:
• A media release be prepared asking members of the community to assist in identifying the perpetrators of crime;
• That Acting Inspector McKenzie provide a detailed crime report to the next Crime Prevention Committee for their consideration;
• That Councillors encourage all concerned residents to submit a Community Perceptions Survey to assist in the development of a Crime Prevention Plan for Gunnedah and our villages; and
• That Council encourage as many residents as possible to attend the upcoming community forum to discuss this pertinent issue.
Wednesday, 13 February 2014
On Sunday 9 March, women across the world will celebrate what it means to be a woman. The women of Gunnedah are invited to celebrate this special day by attending one or two or even three workshops offered at the Smithurst. The artworks produced will be shared with the community in an exhibition at the Creative Arts Centre during March following the workshops.
A painting workshop will answer the question “what does it mean to be a woman?” using colour and paint and facilitated by GSC Cultural Development Coordinator Andrea Bruno.Read more...
Tel: (02) 6740 2100
Fax: (02) 6740 2119
After Hours: (02) 6740 2100
1. Make an online payment (e.g. Rates)
2. Special Rate Variation Application
3. This months Business Paper
4. Road Closure Information
5. Positions Vacant
6. Frequently Asked Questions
7. Final Blackadder Report
8. Browse all Media Releases & Latest News
9. Water Conservation Level Info Daylight Savings
(more links are available at bottom of page)