Skip to content

Pets and Animals

Pets and Animals

Livestock & Other Animals

If stock are roaming, unattended or have strayed onto the road or road reservce please contact Council on 02 6740 2100 to notify our ranger.

If, however, the stock have roamed onto private property, it is the landholders responsibility to secure the animals as best they can to prevent further roaming.

If you find roaming stock on your land, please follow these steps:

  • Secure the animal/s as best you can ensuring your own safety
  • Notify the neighbours that stock have roamed onto your property
  • You must allow the owners of the stock 48 hours to collect them from your property
  • If you cannot locate the owners of the stock, or they are not collected within the specified timeframe, please contact Council to notify our ranger.