Council is creating a Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS), which is a planning blueprint to guide the future of the Gunnedah Shire to 2040, and we need our residents and businesses to be part of this process. This will be our Shire’s first ever LSPS, so it is important to us to hear your views on what our land use vision and planning priorities might look like. The feedback you provide will be used to finalise this document.
What is the LSPS?
The Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) is a document that will:
Determine how Gunnedah Shire Council will manage land in the Shire for the next 20 years
Tell us how growth and change will be managed in the future
Describe the special characteristics and community values of the area that should be retained
Support the priorities of our Community Strategic Plan
State agencies will use the LSPS to inform their infrastructure planning and service delivery for schools, hospitals and transport.
Have Your Say - You can get involved in a number of ways:
- Complete the Online Survey
- Attend a Community Session at the Council’s Training Centre, 63 Elgin Street, Gunnedah NSW 2380. Numbers are limited to 2 per organisation. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (02) 6740 2120
- Thursday 17 October, 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- Thursday 17 October, 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Friday 18 October, 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Visit us at the Community Markets at Wolseley Oval, Conadilly Street, Gunnedah NSW
- Saturday 19 October, 8.00am to 11.30am
- Use our online social pinpoint mapping tool
- Email us at email@example.com
Tell your friends and help us spread the word to anyone who might be interested in having their say on the planning future of Gunnedah Shire.