Australia Day 2020 Award nominations are now open. The Australia Day Committee is seeking nominations for people or groups who exhibit good citizenship and community qualities. Nomination can be made in a variety of categories. This year the categories are:Citizen of the Year Award (21 and over)
Young Citizen of the Year Award (20 and under)
- Ossie and Beryl Campbell Memorial Volunteer of the Year Award
- Eve Turner Perpetual Trophy
- Community Organisation and/or Event Achievement Award
- Max and Mikie Maas Good Neighbour Award
- Sportsperson of the Year (21 and over)
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year (20 and under)
- Junior Sports Team of the Year Award (20 and under)
- Sports Team of the Year Award
- Ivan Towns Memorial Award – Coach of the Year
Nomination forms are now available online or from the Gunnedah Shire Library Conadilly Street, The Civic Centre on Chandos Street or the Gunnedah Shire Council Building on Elgin Street.
Award winners will be announced in January 2020 during our Australia Day Dinner. All community members are encouraged to come along and enjoy the festivities. Please note nominations close 5.00pm Friday 10 January 2020, so get in early to avoid missing out.