29 November 2019
Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s time to light up Gunnedah for the Gunnedah Shire Christmas Lights Competition 2019.
Entries are now open for this popular competition which helps the Shire sparkle during the festive season, but make sure you put your nomination form in – and remind your neighbours!
There are six categories for the Christmas Lights Competition, including the hotly contested title of Santa Street, awarded annually for the street with the best and brightest light displays. The Santa Street award comes with a winners’ plaque and a $100 Gunny Money Gift Card.
Other categories are:
• Best Decorated House for a prize of $200 Gunny Money Gift Card
• Best Nativity Scene for a prize of $50 Gunny Money Gift Card
• Best Christmas Theme in a Village for a prize of $50 Gunny Money Gift Card
• Judges’ Choice Award for a prize of $50 Gunny Money Gift Card
• Best Dressed Shopfront Window for a prize of $50 Gunny Money Gift Card.
The competition closes at 5pm on Friday, December 13, and will be judged by Councillors on Tuesday, December 15, with the winners to be announced on Wednesday, December 18.
Entry forms are available online and hard copies can be picked up from Gunnedah Shire Council, Gunnedah Shire Library or the Gunnedah Visitor Information Centre.
Completed nomination forms can be submitted in person to Gunnedah Shire Council at 63 Elgin Street, Gunnedah, via email to email@example.com, or by mail to Gunnedah Shire Christmas Lights Competition, PO Box 63, Gunnedah NSW 2380.
Photo caption: Who will win the coveted Santa Street title in 2019?
Media contact: Eliza Gallen (02) 6740 2100.