August 18, 2020
This week is traditionally AgQuip week, and while COVID-19 has put the event on hold for a year, Gunnedah can still celebrate the field days that bring so many people to our Shire.
Gunnedah Shire Council Manager Economic Development Charlotte Hoddle said there were inventive ways people could mark the occasion without actually going to the event.
“AgQuip has been a huge part of the Gunnedah calendar for 45 years,” Ms Hoddle said.
“While we might not be able to enjoy the full AgQuip experience, we can still bring a little of the atmosphere to Gunnedah in 2020. We are challenging people to kick up a bit of dust in their AgQuip boots and take a selfie with their AgQuip hat.
“They can enjoy the traditional treat of a steak sandwich at one of our cafes or restaurants and, if they are feeling especially nostalgic for AgQuip, visit one of the farm machinery businesses in the Shire.
“If people post their AgQuip 2020 selfies on social media with the hashtag #AgQuip2020, we can have our own virtual AgQuip.
“These are among the biggest field days in the world and are really important to the region’s economy. This is one way to keep our spirits up and let the world know Gunnedah is still open for business.”
Some AgQuip challenges:
• Post selfies with your AgQuip hat, boots and weird bits of machinery
• Seek out the best steak sandwich you can find
• Buy those new boots and that new hat in Gunnedah instead of out at AgQuip
• Get some dust on those new boots!
• Check out the biggest piece of machinery you can find at one of the dealers in Gunnedah Shire and get a selfie with a giant wheel
• Go to the pub for dinner and Zoom call your mates who would usually be here for AgQuip
• Daub yourself in dust and watch rodeo videos
• Buy yourself or your mate a Gunny Money voucher and build your own showbag from goodies and lollies in town and in the villages
• Be inspired for a new DIY project strolling the aisles of local retailers
• Swap past AgQuip yarns with friends at the pub or a café.
And remember to post your #AgQuip2020 adventures on social media!
Caption: We might not be able to go to AgQuip in person this year, but we can still get that Gunnedah superhero spirit happening.
Media contact: Eliza Gallen (02) 6740 2100.