October 2, 2020
Want to become a Pool Lifeguard this summer?
Want to combine this passion with your excellent customer service, food handling experience and teamwork skills?
We are seeking a number of Casual staff to work at Gunnedah Memorial Pool. The positions are a combined skill of Pool Lifeguard and Kiosk Operation from October 2020 to April 2021 for the summer season.
Do I need to be a qualified Pool Lifeguard?
To apply no, we will train you as part of the recruitment, but as part of the training you will need to be able to complete tasks such as:
- Swim 200m in under 6 minutes
- Perform a manikin retrieval to 1.8 metres.
- Perform a 25m unconscious patient tow
- A medium to high level of aquatic fitness is required for some practical components to complete the course.
- Ability to perform CPR
- Must complete the necessary training before starting any shifts.
Pool Lifeguard Position description:
- Facilitating a safe, clean and enjoyable aquatic environment
- Work as part of a team delivering a high quality of customer service
- Knowledge of pool supervision, water safety, water education, rescue techniques and public safety requirements
- Be available from October 2020 to April 2021.
- Have an ability to work rostered shifts from 5:30am –8:00pm (Mon-Sun), including Public Holidays and available to fill occasional shifts on an ad-hoc basis.
Essential Criteria for the Role
- Current Pool Lifeguard Licence (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Food Handling Certificate
- Current First Aid including CPR
- Current Working with Children Check (if over18)
- National Police Check (if over18)
- Immunisations (willingness to undergo) Hepatitis A&B, Tetanus
- Current Drivers Licence
- Minimum 17 years of age
Desirable Criteria for Pool Lifeguard
- Previous supervisory experience in an Aquatic Centre/Pool.
- High quality of customer service
- Barista experience
- Ability to work as part of a team or with minimal supervision
What’s in it for you?
- Great casual payrates and conditions with regular shifts. Support from a local and member-owned employer. All uniforms/PPE supplied.
For more information about this position and to apply, visit https://labourco.com.au/job/casual-pool-lifeguard-gunnedah/