October 14, 2020
Events and activities are in full swing for NSW Small Business Month in Gunnedah.
Gunnedah Shire Council is hosting a program of events centred on the 2020 NSW Small Business Month themes that are designed to help businesses reboot, upskill and look to the future:
• Building your brand on social media
• Working with digi-tech
• Financial foundations
• Research, plan, do
• Futureproof your business, and
• Your team and you.
Activities such as the Get Shiny on Socials Masterclasses and Xero Basics are proving very popular, with sessions sold out.
There is still time to sign on for three of this month’s free business activities:
• Funding Fundamentals – a Zoom presentation today at 5.30pm ideal for creative freelancers, established practitioners and arts organisations. Learn the basics of writing, winning, and acquitting your funding, as well as putting together a grant folder for future funding. Funding Fundamentals also looks at implementing a research plan to stay up to date, and creating a strategy for success. Presented by Monica Davidson of Creative Plus Business.
• The Business Basics Workshop – to be held on Wednesday, October 28 at 10am at the Civic. This is a business basics workshop focusing on Indigenous creatives looking to build their knowledge and capacity in business and learn about new opportunities within the arts community with a focus on developing creative ways to share culture. Presented by Lorrayne Fishenden of 2 Rivers P/L.
• Friday night with Mia Freedman – a Zoom presentation to be held exclusively for Gunnedah Shire on Friday, October 30 at 6pm. Mia Freedman is the co-founder and chief creative officer of the Mamamia Women’s Media Company, a purpose-driven business that works to make the world a better place for women and girls through it’s written, video, social, and podcast content and by using profits to send 100 girls to school every day in some of the poorest countries in the world. This is an opportunity to learn from Mia about harnessing the power of disruption to grow your business.
To find out more and secure your free tickets, visit https://sa2.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/EventSearch?&presenter=AUGSC&codes=SBM&killLogin=true&tck=true
Gunnedah Shire Council is running a competition where small businesses are asked to “Share their Start-up Story”, this a great opportunity to share celebrate your businesses success There are three great prizes on offer:
• A Mindful Business Hub Membership (valued at $499) including:
o Lifetime access to the Mindful Business Hub digital course platform for one new member
o 12 weeks access to the Mindful Business Community support Facebook group
• Two Cats Creative Business Reboot Package (valued at $600), including:
o Four business headshot photographs
o One blog or business profile story
• Country Horizons Writing Services Package (valued at $200), including:
o Your choice of writing services, such as a blog post, article for a newsletter, web page content or profile creation.
Three entrants will be drawn randomly as winners on November 13.
Entrants can submit their story of up to 300 words including how they came to do business in Gunnedah Shire, and why the Shire is the best place to do business on https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QHD3CHQ
Caption: Keira Gifford of Raw Confetti at the Get Shiny on Socials Small Business Month event.
Media contact: Eliza Gallen (02) 6740 2100.