17 December, 2020
Twelve businesses and organisations have been approved for funding under the latest round of Gunnedah Shire Council’s Business Partner Program focussing on larger projects.
Round two of the 2020-21 Business Partner Program aimed to further projects that will grow the economy and create more local employment opportunities.
Business Partner Program Advisory Group chair Cr Ann Luke said Council had endorsed a total allocation of $127,550 for the 12 projects.
“Gunnedah Shire Council has boosted the Business Partner Program this year to support and encourage business initiatives during a difficult economic time,” Cr Luke said.
“The aim of the program is to encourage business expansion and assist new businesses and economic activity. This round in particular looked at larger projects that delivered real benefits to the Shire and its economy.
“There were a number of applications that demonstrated a clear economic or employment benefit to our Shire and Council is really pleased to be able to support these projects.”
The successful applicants for round two of the 2020-21 Business Partner Program are:
• Gunnedah Maize Mill - $50,000 towards the outgoing weighbridge, approach and exit roadworks
• Gunnedah Building Products Pty Ltd – GBP Cranes - $50,000 towards new premises and yard, kerbing and guttering at the corners of Borthistle and Martin roads
• Parview Hotel - $7000 towards outdoor area improvements
• Courthouse Hotel - $7000 towards outdoor area improvements
• North Western Courier Pty Ltd - $4950 towards Gunnedah Times establishment
• Gunnedah Workshop Enterprises Ltd - $2000 towards rebranding and web design
• Custom Cutting Studio - $1500 towards the purchase of a forklift
• PJ Plumbing & Civil Construction Pty Ltd - $1500 towards bobcat skid steer
• Blue Denim - $1000 towards shopfront works
• Local Appliance Rentals Gunnedah - $1000 towards improving store frontage
• Goodness & Gracious - $800 towards business expansion
• Gunnedah Locksmiths - $800 towards business improvements
Unsuccessful applicants will receive feedback from Gunnedah Shire Council.
The Business Partner Program has assisted many businesses and organisations over the years to get established and to grow. This year, as part of the Community Resilience COVID-19 Business Recovery Package Invigorate Gunnedah, the available funds through the Business Partner Program has been boosted to $200,000.
Caption: A recipient of an earlier round of the Business Partner Program – Kelly Mason of Spindle and Co.
Media and communications team contact: (02) 6740 2100.