Each year our nation celebrates the achievement and contribution of eminent Australians through various awards for Australia Day. Gunnedah boasts a community brimming with high achievers and quiet achievers!
The event is held at the historic Gunnedah Town Hall and attendees can enjoy a three course meal catered for by The Verdict.
Gunnedah’s Australia Day Ambassador Warwick Nowland, Gunnedah Shire Mayor Jamie Chaffey and Councillors are invited as special guests at the dinner, which celebrates the people who make up Gunnedah’s wonderful community.
The prestigious award categories include:
- Citizen of the Year Award - 21-40 years
- Citizen of the Year Award - 40+ years
- Junior Citizen of the Year –13 years and under
- Young Citizen of the Year Award - 21 years and under
- Ossie and Beryl Campbell Memorial Volunteer of the Year Award
- Eve Turner Perpetual Trophy
- Cultural Award
- Community Organisation Achievement Award
- Community Event Achievement Award
- Max and Mikie Maas Good Neighbour Award
- Male and Female Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Male and Female Sportsperson of the Year
- Junior Sports Team of the Year Award
- Sports Team of the Year Award
- Ivan Towns Memorial Award – Coach of the Year
The Australia Day Awards Dinner will be held on Thursday, 25 January at the Gunnedah Town Hall from 7pm. Tickets are available at www.thecivic.com.au