November 12, 2021
Christmas is just around the corner and Gunnedah Shire Council is kick-starting the festive season with the launch of the annual Christmas Lights Competition.
The Christmas Lights Competition is a chance for some friendly rivalry by dressing up your home with Christmas lights and decorations. All residents and local businesses are invited to participate.
Christmas lights and displays will be judged and awarded prizes under six categories, including:
- Best Decorated House - $200 Gunny Money Gift Card,
- Best Nativity Scene - $50 Gunny Money Gift Card,
- Best Christmas Theme in a Village - $150 Gunny Money Gift Card,
- Santa Street – Winners Plaque and $200 Gunny Money Gift Card,
- Judges Choice Award - $50 Gunny Money Gift Card,
- Best Dressed Shopfront Window - $100 Gunny Money Gift Card.
The competition opens this Monday, November 15. Entries close at 5pm on December 3.
Entry forms are available at www.thecivic.com.au/live-theatre--events and hard copies can be collected from the Gunnedah Shire Council Administration Building, Gunnedah Shire Library or the Gunnedah Visitor Information Centre.
Completed nomination forms can be submitted to Gunnedah Shire Council by emailing email@example.com, submitting in person at 63 Elgin Street, Gunnedah or by posting to PO Box 63, Gunnedah, NSW 2380.
Caption: Silversmith Place took out the coveted title for the best neighbourhood effort in the 2020 competition.
Media and communications team contact: (02) 6740 2100.