December 16, 2021
The winners of the Gunnedah Shire Christmas Lights Competition have been decided – and Gunnedah has a new Santa Street!
The bright lights and showmanship of Kurrajong Road have earned the street the coveted title of “Santa Street”, the award given to the most dazzling Gunnedah Shire street of all during the festive season.
The residents of 5 Sanders Place, Gunnedah have again taken the title of Best Decorated House.
The winners of the 2021 Gunnedah Shire Christmas Lights Competition are:
• Santa Street – Kurrajong Road
• Best Decorated House – 5 Sanders Place, Gunnedah
• Best Christmas Theme in a Village – 23 Poole Street, Curlewis
• Judge’s Choice Award (replaced the Nativity Scene category in which there were no entries) – Oak Tree Retirement Village
• Judge’s Choice Award – 21 Kurrajong Road, Gunnedah
• Best Dressed Shopfront Window – Goodness & Gracious
There are still nine nights before Christmas to enjoy the amazing Christmas lights displays in Gunnedah Shire. Oak Tree Retirement Village will have their gates open until 10pm each night up until Christmas to allow people to take a look at the lights, and Santa will visit Oak Tree on the afternoon and evening of Monday, December 20.
There will be a presentation for the Christmas Lights winners at 5.15pm on Tuesday, December 21 in front of the Gunnedah Community Christmas Tree in Brocks Court.
Media and communications team contact: (02) 6740 2100.