July 21, 2022
Gunnedah Shire Council will partner with five community groups to deliver arts and cultural projects in the Shire.
Council has approved a total of $18,353.60 for five applications for the Section 356 (Arts and Cultural) Small Grants Program to assist in continuing existing projects or supporting new projects or initiatives for arts and cultural programs, projects and events that help meet the needs of Gunnedah’s growing community.
“This is a great grants program for Gunnedah Shire,” Section 356 (Arts and Cultural) Small Grants panel member Cr Robert Hoddle said.
“It encourages projects that add to the cultural richness of our community and our lifestyle.
“It was pleasing to see a number of strong applications that we look forward to seeing evolve into exciting initiatives.”
Successful organisations have until June 30, 2023 to complete their projects.
The successful applicants were:
• Multicultural Women’s Association Inc - $4981.95 towards the Around the World in One Day project
• Arts Gunnedah Incorporated - $7900 towards the 51st Annual Art & Ceramics Exhibition and 2022-23 Workshop Program
• Blackjack Camera Club Inc - $2813.50 towards “Through the Lens”, an exhibition of highlights from Blackjack Camera Club
• Gunnedah and District Spinner and Weavers - $1158.15 towards Makers and Shakers: Spinners and Weavers Weekend Group
• The House that Dan Built - $1500 towards Gunnedah Toy Choir
Caption: Gunnedah’s biggest art exhibition, Arts Gunnedah’s Annual Art and Ceramics Exhibition has been supported through Section 356 (Arts and Cultural) Small Grants Program.
For more information, contact Gunnedah Shire Council’s media team on (02) 6740 2100.