September 10, 2021
Following news that the Gunnedah Shire Local Government Area will be released from lockdown this Saturday, September 11, Gunnedah Shire Council will reopen face to face services and public facilities.
Mayor of Gunnedah Shire Cr Jamie Chaffey said the lifting of lockdown would come as a relief to residents and businesses.
“On behalf of Gunnedah Shire Council I want to thank the community for complying with the most difficult and necessary restrictions. This is wonderful news and I hope residents can enjoy spending time catching up with friends and family in the coming days.
“From tomorrow, Council will transition back to the yellow phase of our Coronavirus Response Strategy with the reopening of many of our face-to-face services. Measures like QR code check-ins, mask wearing and capacity limits will remain in place.
“While we can resume many of the things we love, and hopefully many of our ways of doing business, it is also essential to keep doing the right thing.
“The NSW Government have announced a road map for reopening the state that is centred upon freedoms for the fully vaccinated. It’s important we continue to lift our vaccination rate so we are well protected and in the best possible position moving forward.
“I encourage residents to talk to their GP or pharmacist about getting vaccinated, or attend one of the pop-up vaccination clinics planned throughout the Shire in the coming weeks.
“We must also continue to come forward for testing, even with only mild symptoms. This will help to ensure any potential future outbreak can be stopped at the source.”
The following Gunnedah Shire Council services and facilities will reopen and resume normal operating hours:
- Elgin Street Administration Building,
- Gunnedah Visitor Information Centre,
- Gunnedah Shire Library,
- GoCo Aged Care & Community Transport,
- Waste management facilities,
- The Civic Cinema (reopening on Thursday, September 16),
- Gunnedah Bicentennial Creative Arts Gallery (reopening on Monday, September 13),
- Gunnedah Memorial Indoor Swimming Pool,
- Sports fields (please note: community sport is not permitted under current regional restrictions),
- The showground, caravan parks, camping grounds, public toilets, community halls and facilities will also reopen for use compliant with regional restrictions.
For further information, including a list of upcoming pop-up vaccination clinics, click here.
Media and communications team contact: (02) 6740 2100.